The City of Sunrise provides residential garbage pick-up twice each week. Please review the information on this page regarding:
- All garbage must be placed in garbage cans or tied plastic bags that weigh no more than 50 pounds. There is no limit on the number of garbage cans or bags that will be collected curbside.
- Loose items will not be collected.
- Garbage cans must be 32-gallon size or smaller and equipped with handles. Paper bags, cardboard boxes, oil drums, etc. are not acceptable garbage containers.
- Items should not exceed the rim of the garbage can by more than a few inches.
- Yard waste - such as trimmings and small branches - does not need to be bundled. In order to be collected at curbside, tree branches may be up to six (6) feet in length, six (6) inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight. Logs and larger items will only be accepted during bulk trash collection.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted.
- All garbage should be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day, but no earlier than
7:00 p.m. the previous evening.
To determine your neighborhood's bi-weekly garbage pick-up days, please refer to our service map [PDF].
The City provides residential garbage pick-up on every holiday except Christmas day.
The City's Public Service Division handles matters relating to residential garbage accounts and billing. For more information, please visit Public Service online, or call (954) 746-3232.