Starting January 1, 2017, residential customers will begin utilizing a new City provided 95 gallon rolling cart for curbside garbage service. The City of Sunrise will continue to provide service twice weekly, now utilizing Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) trucks for collection. Please review the information on this page regarding:
- All garbage must be placed in the 95 gallon cart for collection.
- Loose items will not be collected.
- Carts must be placed with the arrows pointing to the street to allow for the smooth collection of the carts contents.
- Items should not exceed the rim of the garbage cart with the lid closed.
- Yard waste - such as trimmings and small branches - must be placed in the 95 gallon cart for collection. Larger items will only be accepted during bulk trash collection.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted.
- All garbage should be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day, but no earlier than
7:00 p.m. the previous evening.
To determine your neighborhood's bi-weekly garbage pick-up days, please refer to our service map [PDF].
The City provides residential garbage pick-up on every holiday except Christmas day.
The City's Public Service Division handles matters relating to residential garbage accounts and billing. For more information, please visit Public Service online, or call (954) 746-3232.