Sunrise provides citywide residential bulk trash pick-up each month. Please review the information on this page regarding:
Residential bulk trash is collected each month. Please note that effective January 1, 2013, Sunrise implemented a new, 12-zone bulk collection program. Under this plan, items are removed the same day they are scheduled to be placed outside for collection. To determine your neighborhood's schedule just type your address into our GIS map, or review our printable PDF map and table:
- Bulk trash is defined as such household items as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpeting, fencing and large yard waste.
- For health, regulatory and safety reasons, the City will not accept the following for collection: construction, remodeling or demolition debris, including all concrete materials and bricks or brickwork; automobile bodies, engines, transmissions, batteries or other parts; horticultural materials from commercial lawn/yard services or other commercial operations; loose items, including unbundled trimmings, tree branches, lumber, etc.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted. Additionally, collection crews will not move hazardous items out of the way in order to pick up acceptable items.
- Rugs, carpets, padding and fencing must be rolled and securely tied.
- Trimmings, tree branches, lumber and metal poles must be cut into sections no longer than four feet
and tied into bundles no heavier than 50 pounds.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside no later than 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled bulk trash pick-up day, but no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the previous evening.
- Bulk items may not be placed on, near or against mailboxes, utility poles or fences.
To arrange for bulk trash pick-up at your expense on an unscheduled date, please call All Service Refuse at (954) 583-1830.