Public Workshop: East Sunrise Improvements Master Plan
2/13/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sunrise is collaborating with residents and other stakeholders to develop the East Sunrise Improvements Master Plan – a long-range vision for the City’s original neighborhoods.
Take part in our Public Workshop, when the City’s Master Plan consultant, RMA, will present the summary and findings of the draft Plan, as well as solicit community feedback.
A Master Plan can help create a vibrant, healthy and sustainable community and improve citizens’ quality of life by identifying:
The East Sunrise Improvements Master Plan study area extends from University Drive east to the eastern City limits, including both sides of University Drive; and from Oakland Park Boulevard south to Sunrise Boulevard.
- Appropriate locations for commercial, residential, and mixed-use development;
- Locations where the City should consider increasing density, encouraging redevelopment, or intervening in other ways;
- Opportunities to extend and/or improve open space, recreational areas, and civic facilities;
- Strategies for increasing economic development, private investment, and improving neighborhood aesthetics;
- Opportunities to further the City’s plans to improve connectivity between pedestrians, bicycles, buses and cars;
- Environmental, historic, and cultural resources that need conservation; and
- Strategies for reducing congestion and improving transit services.
For additional information about the Master Plan, please visit www.CelebrateSunrise.com or call (954) 746-3288.