Quartermaster Unit / Warehouse Unit
- The ordering, stocking, tracking and dispensing of supplies and equipment to the various Units and Divisions within the Police Department, and their personnel, both civilian and sworn, at all of the Police Department locations.
- The supplies, equipment, and functions are varied, but include the following:
- Police documents, including all police report forms, traffic and parking citations.
- Evidence Unit supplies.
- Crime Scene Unit supplies.
- Police equipment, including ticket holders, flashlight covers, traffic vest, whistles etc.
- Police Uniforms, including standard and class A uniforms for Officers and Police Service Aides, specialized uniforms for Field Force, Honor Guard, and Traffic Units, rain gear and winter wear.
- The storage, tracking and issuance of police radios; the supply of police radios to the Dispatch center for emergency replacement procedures, and coordinating loaner radios and repairs of defective equipment.
- Storage of Hurricane-related supplies, such as waterproof storage bins, and consumables, such as water and Meals-ready-to-eat (MRE's).
- Storage of PPE Equipment and supplies.
- Contact with outside vendors for supplies and repairs.
- Supervision of two part-time Service Aides.
- Annual Asset Inventory, including the tracking of all assets, once a year.
- Delivery of assets the all of the Police Department locations.
Last updated: 3/2/2011 10:41:35 AM