Celebrate green living at our free, family-friendly Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 5, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sawgrass Sanctuary Park (237 North New River Circle, Sunrise 33326) is the home of this day of outdoor fun sponsored by the City of Sunrise Utilities Department, All Service Refuse, Baptist Health Urgent Care-Sawgrass, and Magic 102.7.
Admission is FREE, and the first 1,000 people through the gates will receive a reusable shopping tote and a BPA-free water bottle. The bottles can be refilled throughout the day at the City's complimentary water station.
The City's annual Earth Day celebration features live entertainment; a Kids' Korner with children's activities, bounce houses, face painting, arts and crafts and more; handcrafted goods; fantastic food and beverage vendors; and non-profit exhibitors.
Don't miss our lineup of live music:
- Justin Enco Band (11:30 a.m.) - Original indie coffeehouse sounds, mixed with creative acoustic covers.
- Big City Blues Band (1:30 p.m.) - Favorites by B.B. King, Otis Redding, Al Green, James Brown and others, along with original blues.
- Bachaco (2:45 p.m.) - High-energy grooves from one of Miami's most popular Afro-Caribbean roots rock bands.
Additional highlights include:
- Tree Planting Ceremony (10:00 a.m.) in observance of Arbor Day
- Wild Animal Show & Tell (10:15 a.m.) by McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dance FX dance performance (12:45 p.m.)
No coolers, bottles, pets or bicycles will be allowed in the park during the Festival. For general information please call (954) 747-4600.