Effective January 1, 2012, the City of Sunrise is reimbursing homebuyers up to $2,000 for select improvements to a newly-purchased single-family foreclosure or short sale home. Under this innovative New Homebuyer Incentive Program
, the City seeks to attract new residents to Sunrise - and benefit existing residents by helping to improve the appearance and property values in our neighborhoods.
The New Homebuyer Incentive Program is administered by the Redevelopment & Grants Division of the City of Sunrise Community Development Department. In order to claim a rebate, homebuyers should:
- Get prequalified for a conventional, fixed-rate mortgage or FHA mortgage
- Work with their Realtor® to find a single-family foreclosure or short sale in Sunrise
- Get prequalified for the City’s New Homebuyer Incentive Program grant
- Purchase the foreclosure or short sale for use as their primary residence
- Make one or more eligible improvements (including landscaping improvements, exterior house painting, roof replacement, or installation of energy-efficient appliances)
- Submit their supporting documentation to the City of Sunrise
New Homebuyer Incentive Program documents are available for download below:
This program is administered by the Redevelopment & Grants Division of the City of Sunrise Community Development Department. For more information, talk with your Realtor® or call (954) 578-4767.