The City of Sunrise partners with individuals and organizations throughout the community, working together to make every day Earth Day.
With that goal and mind, Sunrise developed Good and Green - a program designed to inform and inspire our residents, businesses, schools and institutions to practice sustainability. We invite you to take the Good and Green Pledge today:
Recognizing that sustainability is about considering how my decisions and actions affect our current and future environmental, economic, and social vibrancy, and recognizing that we each have a role to play; I pledge to take action to support a Sustainable Sunrise.
In my work place, home and lifestyle, I commit to taking actions to minimize my ecological footprint and to support the current and future well-being of our community. Through my actions I can effect positive change and inspire others to take similar steps.
I am committing to supporting a more Sustainable Sunrise by:
- Conserving resources and reducing waste;
- Supporting a sustainable economy; and
- Practicing stewardship.
To get involved in greening Sunrise and to find out how you can be a Good & Green Ambassador, call (954) 888-6043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways To Be Good & Green
Once you have taken the pledge, take action in each of the three categories below:
SAVE WATER: Be a water champion!
• Sunrise Water Utility customers are eligible for FREE kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators
and shower heads. How about a $100 rebate for replacing your older toilets?
For info call 954-888-6023 or visit conservationpays.com
• Did you know landscaping accounts for about 40% of water use here in South Florida?
Consider making your landscape a Naturescape, see stewardship section below.
• Conserve energy by switching your old light bulbs to CFL or to LED bulbs.
• Evaluate your energy usage and find ways to save by using FPL’s Energy Dashboard at fpl.com
and businesses can schedule an on-site evaluation!
• You can also reduce peak energy demand and get paid, contact FPL’s On Call program at
• Income eligible households may be eligible for weatherization home improvements, call 877-212-0309
• Did you know that aggressive driving is expensive? Save on gas by driving smoothly, avoiding idling,
and keeping your tires properly inflated.
REDUCE WASTE: Reduce, reuse, restore, recycle!
• Reuse instead of throwing away, like reusing shopping bags and water bottles.
• Recycle in your blue bin and take advantage of community drop off recycling locations for items like
plastic bags, Styrofoam, and more. For more info, call 954-577-1135
• Donate usable goods like clothing, toys and furniture.
Support Our Economy
• Shop Sunrise, Source and Hire Locally
• Buy Green: Look for the environmentally friendly option when shopping or buying business supplies.
• Get Involved: There are a number of great organizations including the Greater Sunrise Chamber of
Commerce that can help your business. Call the Chamber at 954-835-2428 or visit sunrisechamber.org
• Be a butterfly hero! Broward County’s NatureScape program recognizes properties enrolled in the
National Wildlife Federation’s Certified Wildlife Habitat program or the Florida Yards program.
Contact NatureScape at 954-519-0317 or email email@example.com
For ways to be Good and Green or to find out about volunteering and becoming a Good and Green Ambassador to bring useful information to your community, school or work place, or to request recycling, water conservation and butterfly friendly landscaping flyers, or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 954-888-6043.