Please note that submission for our general summer camp lotttery ended on April 5, 2019. Now through Friday, May 31, we are accepting registration forms only for our new Counselor-in-Training program for 15-year-old camp participants.
About the Counselor-in-Training Program:
Our NEW Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program gives 15-year-old
summer camp participants a unique opportunity to prepare for a City of Sunrise camp counselor position. Experience all the fun of camp – including field trips and activities – while you:
- Have an opportunity to earn service hours;
Receive on-the-job training;
Enhance your communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills;
Learn CPR/first aid;
Earn a certificate of completion; and
Receive a priority interview for our 2020 paid summer camp counselor positions.
Summer camp runs for seven weeks - June 17 through August 2, 2019 – on weekdays (except July 4) from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The cost to participate in the CIT program is $525 for Sunrise residents (or non-residents who attend Piper High School) and $900 for non-residents.
Summer camp CITs will be based at Piper High School. To be accepted into the CIT program, you must be age 15 by June 1, 2019.
We’ve extended our CIT application deadline to Friday, May 31, at 5:30 p.m.
Please see our registration instructions below for information, or call (954) 747-4600 for assistance.
How to Complete a Registration Form:
A Complete Registration Includes:
- Download our summer camp registration form or use the form located in the back of the April-June 2019 issue of the City’s Horizons magazine.
- Completely fill out the information located at the top of the registration form.
- Completely fill out participant’s name, date of birth, current grade, age, and gender.
- Indicate the CIT Program as your only camp choice. Remember, no other camp options are available at this time.
- Completely fill out emergency contact and authorized pick up person(s) information.
- Parent or legal guardian must sign waiver on the back of the registration form.
- Complete credit card information or attach payment with the registration form.
- No online or fax registrations will be accepted for summer camp.
How to Submit Your CIT Summer Camp Registration:
- Fully-completed registration form. (Incomplete registrations will not be processed until all information is received.)
- Proof of residency must be current as of March 2019 (utility bill, or lease/mortgage statement will be the only forms of proof accepted). In order to quality for for the resident rate, you must reside in the City of Sunrise or attend a Broward County Public School in Sunrise.
- Credit card information, or check or money order made payable to the City of Sunrise. (Registrations without payment will not be processed.)
- Copy of each participant’s birth certificate (even if you’ve submitted a copy in the past).
- Place your completed registration form, proof of residency, full payment, and participant’s birth certificate in a PLAIN WHITE LEGAL-SIZED (#10) ENVELOPE and hand-deliver or mail it to:
Attention: Camp Registration
Sunrise Leisure Services Department, 2nd Floor
10610 West Oakland Park Boulevard
Sunrise, FL 33351
Summer Camp Overview
- CIT registrations must be received by Friday, May 31, at 5:30 pm.
- Only one household’s registration form per envelope will be permitted. (Exception: If you have more children in your household than registration lines on the form, please use an additional form and send both forms in the same envelope.)
- Do not include other program registrations with your summer camp application.
All camps take place weekdays, June 17 to August 2, 2019.
(No camp on Thursday, July 4). Camp hours are 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. A late fee will be assessed if children are picked up after 6:00 pm.
Each camper will receive an official summer camp t-shirt. Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks daily. Extra t-shirts can be purchased for $7 each after June 17 at the Leisure Services Office.
All camps are staffed by counselors ages 16 and older, and an adult supervises each site. Each staff member is trained by the Department of Leisure Services on camp protocol, safety, and recreational programming.
Parents and campers are encouraged to attend an informational meet and greet with the 2019 Summer Camp staff on Thursday, June 13, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
Summer Camp Fees
Sunrise Resident: $525
Fees are for the entire seven-week session. Students who attend Sunrise schools are eligible for the resident rate.
Family Discounts for Sunrise Residents
Each additional family member who registers for the same camp program receives a discount, on a sliding scale. For example, participant #1 pays full price, participant #2 pays 10% less, participant #3 pays 15% less than full price, etc.
All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Leisure Services Department (10610 West Oakland Park Boulevard, 2nd Floor) between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Refunds will be pro-rated from the submission date. The deadline to request a pro-rated refund is Wednesday, July 10, at 5:00 p.m.
Have Questions? Call the City of Sunrise Leisure Services Office: (954) 747-4600.