This PDF contains the instructions, registration form and waiver necessary for summer camp:
HOW TO COMPLETE A REGISTRATION FORM:
- Submission for the lottery ends Friday, April 6, at 5:30 pm. Registrations received by April 6 will be randomly selected and assigned a camp location according to choices selected on the registration form.
- Completed registration forms must be received by Friday, April 6, at 5:30 pm in the Leisure Services Office.
- Forms received after April 6 will be processed in the order they are received, space permitting.
- Assignment lottery begins Monday, April 9, for City of Sunrise residents and non-residents with children who attend a Broward County Public School located in Sunrise. You must include proof of attendance at that school verifying enrollment for the fall of 2018.
- Registration for non-residents begins Tuesday, April 24, in the Leisure Services office or through mail, space permitting. (Any non-resident registration forms received prior this date will be returned via mail.)
- Registration verification will not be available by phone until after Monday, April 23.
- Selection of more than one camp choice is HIGHLY recommended, in the event a school site becomes unavailable for summer camp use.
- Dates and locations are subject to change based upon School Board approval.
A COMPLETE REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Download the registration form available through the link at the top of this web page (www.sunrisefl.gov/camp). The form will also be located in the back of the April-June 2018 issue of the City’s Horizons magazine.
- Completely fill out the information located at the top of the registration form.
- Completely fill out participant’s name, date of birth, current grade, age, and gender.
- Select three camps choices (using name and activity#) and list them in order of preference. (It is very important that you list three choices as our camp programs are popular and fill up quickly). If your first three choices have reached maximum enrollment before your registration is processed, we will place you on waiting lists for those three sites only and return your payment.
- Completely fill out emergency contact and authorized pick up person(s) information.
- Parent or legal guardian must sign waiver on the back of the registration form.
- Complete credit card information or attach payment with the registration form.
- No online or fax registrations will be accepted for summer camp.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CAMP REGISTRATION:
- Fully-completed registration form. (Incomplete registrations will not be processed until all information is received.)
- Proof of residency must be current as of January 2018 (utility bill, or lease/mortgage statement will be the only forms accepted). Must reside in the City of Sunrise.
- Credit card information, or check or money order made payable to the City of Sunrise. (Registrations without form of payment will not be processed.)
- Copy of each participant’s birth certificate (even if you’ve submitted a copy in the past).
- Place your completed registration form, proof of residency, full payment, and participant’s birth certificate in a PLAIN WHITE LEGAL-SIZED (#10) ENVELOPE and hand-deliver or mail it to:
Attention: Camp Registration
Sunrise Leisure Services Department, 2nd Floor
10610 West Oakland Park Boulevard
Sunrise, FL 33351
- Submission for the 2018 lottery ends on Friday, April 6, at 5:30 pm.
- Only one household’s registration form per envelope will be permitted. (Exception: If you have more children in your household than registration lines on the form, please use an additional form and send both forms in the same envelope.)
- Do not include other program registrations with your summer camp application.
In order to expedite the registration process and allow families to secure childcare in a timely manner, we will only offer one site transfer per participant (i.e. one call to offer a transfer to a first or second choice OR one call to enroll you from off of the waiting list for your first, second or third choice).
Waiting List Information
If you receive a call to transfer or get in a site, you will have three working days to notify us of your decision and/or make your payment or the offer will be extended to the next person on the waiting list.
SUMMER CAMP OVERVIEW
Children will experience the best in summer sports, swimming, arts and crafts, and more at our super summer camps. Each camp session features weekly field trips and something for every age group.
Children with a flair for drama should try our special Theater Camp
. Theater camp includes script read-throughs, choreography and music, in order to take center stage for their final performance. Includes swimming and field trips!
Children entering kindergarten in the fall are invited to join us for our Adventurous Beginners Camp
. This camp is specifically designed for those youngsters who are turning five on or before September 1, 2018. Our specially trained staff will work to ensure your child has a safe and fun-filled summer.
Children who love to explore how things work will love our Science and Discovery Camp
. This fun, innovative and exciting program will focus on science and technology.
We will have recreational sports camps
for children age 8 to 15. These camps will be held at Westpine Middle School. (Please see below for age group information.) These programs will have different program segments; each will focus on skill development and games in each sport. Campers will be required to have sports equipment to participate in certain sports.
Each camper will receive an official summer camp t-shirt. Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks daily. Extra t-shirts can be purchased for $7 each after June 18 at the Leisure Services Office.
All camps are staffed by counselors ages 16 and older, and an adult supervises each site. Each staff member is trained by the Department of Leisure Services on camp protocol, safety, and recreational programming.
Parents and campers are encouraged to attend an informational meet and greet with the 2018 Summer Camp staff on Thursday, June 14, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
All camps take place weekdays, June 18 to August 3.
(No camp on Wednesday, July 4). All dates and locations are subject to Broward County School Board approval.
Camp hours are 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. A late fee will be assessed if children are picked up after 6:00 pm.
SUMMER CAMP FEES
Sunrise Resident: $525
Fees are for the entire seven-week session. Students who attend Sunrise schools are eligible for the resident rate.
Family Discounts for Sunrise Residents
Each additional family member who registers for the same camp program receives a discount, on a sliding scale. For example, participant #1 pays full price, participant #2 pays 10% less, participant #3 pays 15% less than full price, etc.
All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Leisure Services Department (10610 West Oakland Park Boulevard, 2nd Floor). Refunds will be prorated from the submission date. The deadline to request refunds for summer camp is Wednesday, July 11, at 5:00 p.m.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Call the City of Sunrise Leisure Services Office: (954) 747-4600.