Weekly Bulk Trash Collection Schedule
Effective January 1, 2017, residential bulk collection was increased from monthly to weekly. Residents in single-family homes now have bulk trash picked-up on the first day of their weekly garbage collection. (Multi-family communities with designated bulk trash areas may have a different schedule.) Under this plan, items are removed the same day they are scheduled to be placed outside for collection. To determine your neighborhood's schedule, please click on the link below.
- Interactive Residential Collection Map - Effective January 1, 2017 [GIS Map]
- Residential Collection Map - Effective January 1, 2017 [PDF]
Bulk collection for participating multi-family communities is as follows:
- Communities East of Pine Island Road - Every Thursday
- Communities West of Pine Island Road - Every Friday
Bulk Trash Drop-Off
Sunrise residents with yard waste and bulk items (such as furniture and appliances) to dispose of now have weekly curbside collection (details above). Effective January 2017, these items can also be brought to Wheelabrator’s Davie facility (4400 South State Road 7, Davie 33314) on on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the exception of these holidays in 2020:
- Closed in observance of New Year's Day
- Closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Closed in observance of Easter
- Closed in observance of Memorial Day
- Closed in observance of Independence Day
- Closed in observance of Labor Day
- Closed in observance of Thanksgiving
- Closed in observance of Christmas
A driver’s license or other photo ID is required as proof of Sunrise residency for all collection opportunities at the Wheelabrator facility.
Please note: Bulk trash drop-off at Wheelabrator's Davie facility has been temporarily suspended, and will resume on July 11, 2020. Due to COVID-19, residents disposing of items at the Wheelabrator site must wear a facial covering at all times, and must unload their own bulk trash and yard waste.
Bulk Trash Guidelines
- Bulk trash is defined as such household items as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpeting, fencing and large yard waste.
- For health, regulatory and safety reasons, the City will not accept the following for collection: construction, remodeling or demolition debris, including all concrete materials and bricks or brickwork; automobile bodies, engines, transmissions, batteries or other parts; horticultural materials from commercial lawn/yard services or other commercial operations.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted. Additionally, collection crews will not move hazardous items out of the way in order to pick up acceptable items.
- Rugs, carpets, padding and fencing must be rolled and securely tied.
- Items that are too large or too heavy to safely load will not be collected.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled bulk trash pick-up day, but no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the previous evening.
- Bulk items may not be placed on, near or against mailboxes, utility poles or fences.
To arrange for bulk trash pick-up at your expense on an unscheduled date, please call Republic Services at (954) 327-9504.