In January 2017, residential customers began utilizing new, City-provided, 95-gallon rolling carts for curbside garbage service. Garbage is picked up twice weekly, and automated Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) trucks are utilized for collection. Please review the information on this page regarding:
Collection and Cart Storage Guidelines
- All garbage must be placed in the 95 gallon cart for collection.
- Loose items will not be collected.
- Carts must be placed with the arrows pointing to the street to allow for the smooth collection of cart contents.
- Items should not exceed the rim of the garbage cart with the lid closed.
- Yard waste - such as trimmings and small branches - must be placed in the 95 gallon cart for collection. Larger items will only be accepted during bulk trash collection.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted.
- All garbage should be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day, but no earlier than
7:00 p.m. the previous evening.
- Keep your neighborhood looking neat by storing your trash and recycling carts out of sight once they've been emptied.
To determine your neighborhood's bi-weekly garbage pick-up days, please refer to our service map [PDF].
The City provides residential garbage pick-up on every holiday except Christmas day.
For questions regarding garbage pickup, call Republic Services' dedicated phone number for Sunrise residents: (954) 327-9504. For questions related to residential garbage accounts and billing, please call the City's Public Service division: (954) 746-3232.