Sunrise residents participate in an "All-in-One" recycling system (known as single-stream recycling) where recyclable items no longer have to be sorted. In most communities within Sunrise items may be placed curbside in a City provided blue recycling cart on your scheduled recycling pickup day, while some neighborhoods continue to use the familiar red and blue recycling bins.
All recyclables should be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day, but no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the previous evening. Carts and bins may be placed outside even if they are half full.
Sunrise Recycling Drop-Off Facility
Single Stream (all in one) Recycling
Recycling has many environmental benefits including conservation of natural resources, energy savings and pollution reduction. For added convenience, Sunrise residents may drop off single stream recyclables free of charge at Sunrise City Hall (Recycling drop-off enclosure), 10770 W. Oakland Park Blvd., 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recyclable materials consist of the following:
Collection Guidelines / Single Stream Recyclables
• Newspapers, inserts, catalogs, magazines, junk mail, office paper, soft covered books, file folders, soda cartons and crushed boxes from items such as cereal, tissues, rice and pasta (plastic packaging material must first be removed from newspaper).
• Cardboard from non-food items such as shipping boxes (all corrugated cardboard must be broken down, folded or cut into the same size as newspapers, or included with newspapers)
• Plastic containers (narrow necks only) such as bottles, as well as milk, water, detergent and shampoo containers (rinsed out)
• Glass food and beverage containers, milk/juice cartons and drink boxes (rinsed out)
• Aluminum and steel – food and beverage containers
Empty and rinse containers and remove caps. Please do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
• Plastic bags and wrap, plastic toys
• Blue glass, window or auto glass, mirrors, glass cookware, bakeware, ceramics and light bulbs
• Paint, pesticides and other hazardous waste; medical waste and pharmaceuticals
• Aerosol cans, gas cylinders, tanks and other flammables
• Rocks, dirt, flower pots, aluminum foil, pie pans, Styrofoam and batteries
• Pizza Boxes and carbon paper
Electronics Recycling / Arc Broward IT Asset Recovery facility - (954) 577-4160 -
Residents should call first before visiting facility.
3300 SW 13th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please note: Effective February 28, 2018, Arc Broward will no longer accept Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) televisions and monitors, or projection televisions.
• Laptop Computers
• Computer Monitors
• Fax Machines
• Keyboards & Mice
• Telephones and Cell Phones
• Microwave Ovens
• Small Appliances
• Single-Use Batteries
• Business Generated Waste
• Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Televisions
• CRT Monitors
• Projection Televisions
To determine your neighborhood's weekly recycling pick-up day, please refer to our service map [PDF]
The City provides residential recycling collection service on every holiday except Christmas day.
Recycling Carts and Bins
If your home is not equipped with residential recycling carts or bins; you may call (954) 746-3232 to request them. Please be sure to provide your name, address and phone number. Carts and bins are normally delivered to a resident's home one to two weeks after their request has been reviewed. There is no charge for the carts or bins, though there is a limit of one (1) cart or two (2) bins per household.
The City's Public Service Division handles matters relating to residential recycling accounts and billing. For more information, please visit Public Service online, or call (954) 746-3232.
Republic Rewards Recycling Incentive Program
Beginning January 1, 2017, Curbside recycling customers in Sunrise who have been issued recycling carts by the City may participate in the Republic Rewards Recycling Incentive Program. With Republic Rewards you can make both a positive impact on the environment as well as leave a lasting legacy within the Sunrise community. For more information or to register for the Republic Rewards program, please visit www.RepublicGivesBack.com or call (877) 323-7688.
Other Locations & Materials: Local Business Recycling Initiatives
Many local businesses have launched recycling initiatives by adding drop off locations to their stores. Please review our list of local businesses that accept recyclables [PDF].