On January 1, 2017, Sunrise began providing citywide residential bulk trash pick-up each week, in addition to drop-off opportunities. Please review the information on this page regarding:
Weekly Bulk Trash Collection Schedule
Effective January 1, 2017, residential bulk collection was increased from monthly to weekly. Residents in single-family homes now have bulk trash picked-up on the first day of their weekly garbage collection. (Multi-family communities with designated bulk trash areas may have a different schedule.) Under this plan, items are removed the same day they are scheduled to be placed outside for collection. To determine your neighborhood's schedule, please click on the link below.
Bulk collection for participating multi-family communities is as follows:
- Communities East of Pine Island Road - Every Thursday
- Communities West of Pine Island Road - Every Friday
Bulk Trash Drop-Off
Sunrise residents with yard waste and bulk items (such as furniture and appliances) to dispose of now have weekly curbside collection (details above). Effective January 2017, these items can also be brought to Wheelabrator’s Davie facility (4400 South State Road 7, Davie 33314) on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the exception of these holidays in 2019:
A driver’s license or other photo ID is required
- Closed Saturday, December 29, in observance of New Year's Day
- Closed Saturday, January 19, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Closed Saturday, April 20, in observance of Easter
- Closed Saturday, May 25, in observance of Memorial Day
- Closed Saturday, July 6, in observance of Independence Day
- Closed Saturday, August 31, in observance of Labor Day
- Closed Saturday, November 30, in observance of Thanksgiving
- Closed Saturday, December 21, in observance of Christmas
as proof of Sunrise residency for all collection opportunities at the Wheelabrator facility.
Bulk Trash Guidelines
- Bulk trash is defined as such household items as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpeting, fencing and large yard waste.
- For health, regulatory and safety reasons, the City will not accept the following for collection: construction, remodeling or demolition debris, including all concrete materials and bricks or brickwork; automobile bodies, engines, transmissions, batteries or other parts; horticultural materials from commercial lawn/yard services or other commercial operations.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted. Additionally, collection crews will not move hazardous items out of the way in order to pick up acceptable items.
- Rugs, carpets, padding and fencing must be rolled and securely tied.
- Items that are too large or too heavy to safely load will not be collected.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled bulk trash pick-up day, but no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the previous evening.
- Bulk items may not be placed on, near or against mailboxes, utility poles or fences.
To arrange for bulk trash pick-up at your expense on an unscheduled date, please call Republic Services at (954) 327-9504.