The City of Sunrise partners with individuals and organizations throughout the community, working together to make every day Earth Day.
With that goal and mind, Sunrise developed Good and Green - a program designed to inform and inspire our residents, businesses, schools and institutions to practice sustainability. We invite you to take the Good and Green Pledge today, by doing so you will be included on our green contact list and periodically receive useful news and information.
The Good and Green Pledge
Recognizing that sustainability is about considering how my decisions and actions affect our current and future environmental, economic, and social vibrancy, and recognizing that we each have a role to play; I pledge to take action to support a Sustainable Sunrise.
In my work place, home and lifestyle, I commit to taking actions to minimize my ecological footprint and to support the current and future well-being of our community. Through my actions I can effect positive change and inspire others to take similar steps.
I am committing to supporting a more Sustainable Sunrise by:
- Conserving resources and reducing waste;
- Supporting a sustainable economy; and
- Practicing stewardship.
To get involved in greening Sunrise and to find out how you can be a Good & Green Ambassador, call (954) 888-6043 or email email@example.com.
Ways To Be Good & Green
Once you have taken the pledge, take action in each of the three categories below:
SAVE WATER: Be a water champion!
• Sunrise Water Utility customers are eligible for FREE kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators
and shower heads. How about a $100 rebate for replacing your older toilets?
For info call 954-888-6023 or visit conservationpays.com
• Did you know landscaping accounts for about 40% of water use here in South Florida?
Consider making your landscape a Naturescape.
• Conserve energy by switching your old light bulbs to CFL or to LED bulbs.
• Evaluate your energy usage and find ways to save by using FPL’s Energy Dashboard at fpl.com
and businesses can schedule an on-site evaluation!
• You can also reduce peak energy demand and get paid, contact FPL’s On Call program at
• Income eligible households may be eligible for weatherization home improvements, call 877-212-0309
• Did you know that aggressive driving is expensive? Save on gas by driving smoothly, avoid idling, and keep your tires properly inflated.
• NEW: Broward County PACE property improvement financing program for energy efficiency, renewable energy and wind resistance.
REDUCE WASTE: Reduce, reuse, restore, recycle!
• Reuse instead of throwing away, like reusing shopping bags and water bottles. Donate usable goods like clothing, toys and furniture.
• Recycle in your blue bin and take advantage of community drop off recycling locations for items like
plastic bags, Styrofoam, and more. For more info, call 954-577-1135
• Safely dispose of household hazardous waste and electric waste at our collection events!
Support our Economy
• Shop Sunrise, Source and Hire Locally
• Buy Green: Look for the environmentally friendly option when shopping or buying business supplies.
• Get Involved: There are a number of great organizations including the Greater Sunrise Chamber of
Commerce that can help your business. Call the Chamber at 954-835-2428 or visit sunrisechamber.org
• Be a butterfly hero! Broward County’s NatureScape program recognizes properties enrolled in the
National Wildlife Federation’s Certified Wildlife Habitat program or the Florida Yards program.
Contact NatureScape at 954-519-0317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Involved! Be a Good and Green Ambassador and bring useful information to your neighbors, work place or school. Students can receive service hours! For information visit http://www.sunrisefl.gov/volunteercorps
For more ways to be Good and Green or to request recycling, water conservation and butterfly friendly landscaping flyers, or assistance, please contact email@example.com, or call 954-888-6043.
The City of Sunrise has a Sustainability Advisory Board that meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. These meetings are open to the public, your input is welcome! For information, call 954-888-6023.