Applications for RLA Cohort 2 - Spring 2020 are available now!
Completed applications will be accepted through Friday, January 24, 2020, at 10:00 a.m.
, and participants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. For program details, or to submit your application, please email Sady I. Diaz, Public Engagement Manager, at email@example.com
The Residents Leadership Academy (RLA) is an engaging five-week program that provides participants with a behind-the-scenes look at City of Sunrise operations, including programs, services, departments, and facilities. The RLA is designed for Sunrise residents and business owners who want to learn about local government and play a more active role in our community. The program launched in late 2019 and welcomes two cohorts per year.
RLA sessions feature hands-on activities, guest speakers, classroom discussion, networking opportunities, and information regarding advisory boards and volunteer positions. We are committed to providing each RLA participant with a valuable and enriching experience.
Under our program guidelines, RLA participants must:
RLA Schedule and Focus Areas
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a Sunrise resident or business owner;
- Be interested in enhancing neighborhood advocacy and community leadership skills;
- Complete and submit the RLA application; and
- Attend 5 of 6 sessions to graduate
The RLA is comprised of five Wednesday-night sessions and one Saturday session. Each session has specific areas of focus, including:
Find Out More
- City Commission, City Manager's Office, and City Clerk
- Police and Fire-Rescue
- Finance, Utilities, and Public Service
- Human Resources and Community Development
- Sustainability and Economic Development (including Redevelopment)
- Tour of Utilities and Leisure Services facilities
There is no cost to participate in the RLA. For information about upcoming cohorts, please contact Sady I. Diaz, Public Engagement Manager, at (954) 747-4662 or firstname.lastname@example.org