Fill Out Your Census Form Online Now
Census letters were mailed throughout the City of Sunrise in March 2020 asking you to participate now.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis is one example of why it's critical to participate now in the 2020 Census at my2020census.gov. A complete count of our diverse community will help identify public health needs and fund vital programs for the next 10 years. It's safe, easy, and secure to complete online or by phone.
If you haven't yet received mail with your Census I.D. number, you can still begin the online questionnaire, select "if you do not have a Census ID, click here," and enter your address to begin.
The Census is Critical to Our Community
In just a few minutes, your anonymous data can help make our city, state, and country better prepared now and in the future. Taking part in the census is your civic duty: it’s a way to participate in our democracy and say “I count!” Here are a few reasons why your answers mean a lot to the City of Sunrise:
- The U.S. Census is confidential. It is non-partisan and protected by Federal law to make sure your responses stay private and secure, even from other government agencies and law enforcement. Data collected can be used only for anonymous statistical purposes that help inform decisions, including how much federal funding our community receives.
- The U.S. Census is critical. It will help decide how $1.5 trillion in funding is spent, how district boundaries are divided, and our representation in Congress for the next 10 years. That affects public health, schools, hospitals, roads, public works, and other vital programs.
- The U.S. Census is comprehensive. Anonymous census data is used in decisions that impact your day-to-day quality of life. The City of Sunrise and Broward County use it to make decisions regarding public safety and emergency preparedness. Even businesses use census data to decide where to build factories, offices, and stores – which create jobs.
- The U.S. Census is convenient. For the very first time, it can be submitted online at my2020census.gov, by phone at 844-330-2020, or by mail with support in 59 languages. The Census can answer questions or provide support completing the census in several languages.
Learn More About the Historic U.S. Census
Once every 10 years, the non-partisan U.S. Census Bureau conducts a count of every person living in the United States and their basic data. Our nation’s founders believed this information to be so important that they mandated the census in the U.S. Constitution!
For the very first time in 2020, responses can be submitted online, by phone, or by mail. Your answers help determine how federal funds get allocated to our State and City as well as how you're represented in Congress over the next 10 years. It's very important that everyone counts in Sunrise.
The 2020 Census will ask a handful of simple questions:
- How many people are living or staying at your home on April 1, 2020.
- Whether the home is owned or rented.
- About the gender of each person in your home.
- About the age of each person in your home.
- About the race and ethnicity of each person in your home.
- About the relationship of each person in your home.
The Census Bureau will never ask you for your Social Security number; money or donations; anything on behalf of a political party; or your bank or credit card account numbers. If someone claiming to be from the Census Bureau contacts you via email or phone and asks you for one of these things, it's a scam, and you should not cooperate.
The Census is Still Hiring
The Census Bureau is comprised of talented and innovative people who are passionate about their work. If you’re a U.S. citizen who’s at least 18 years old with a valid Social Security number and a valid email address, you can apply for a position with the Census Bureau. Part-time Census jobs offer flexible hours and competitive wages, paid weekly, as wbilell as paid training. The advertised rate for census takers in Broward County is currently $17.50 per hour. To learn more and apply online, visit www.2020census.gov/jobs.